Opening Weekend 2011
The countdown has begun… Starboard is officially on the clock! Only a few hours to go till The Starboard opens its doors for our 52nd season. 2010 was a record setting year for The Starboard, surpassing every previous year’s total in gross sales, can’t thank our incredibly loyal customer base enough for this! As a big thank you, I always spend the winter months trying to upgrade The Starboard in order to make your time in Dewey Beach the best it can be. I assure you we have been working our tails off to improve The Starboard, which you will see this week/weekend! Upgraded our sound system, added more TV’s, brought in DirecTV throughout the place, spruced up our dining room and we’ll offer a brand new lunch menu. Hope you’ll be impressed with our focus on the lunch menu!
(Don’t worry, breakfast hasn’t changed!)
For the big St. Patrick’s Day weekend, we were granted permission to use our parking lot once again to help handle the large crowds coming to Dewey Beach for Starboard Opening. We will have our green carpet entrance rolled out to greet you, with TV’s ready for NCAA March Madness all weekend both inside the restaurant and outside in the tented parking lot. The tent made for an incredible kick off to the 2010 season; I certainly anticipate the same this year for St. Patty’s! In a back corner of our tent, we have set up several racks of Starboard clothing where every piece will be on sale for just $10.
T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jackets, etc… all just $10 in the tent!
Opening Weekend will kick off on Thursday, March 17th! We will open at 9am that day for Breakfast & NCAA, then welcome our local Chamber of Commerce that night from 5 – 7pm, after that it all breaks loose as we fill up to capacity with a huge St. Patrick’s Day celebration the rest of the night.
Friday we will open early for Breakfast and NCAA basketball, DJ John Hardy will kick off the afternoon, then DJ Smoky will be in town to rock this place like summer. Saturday/Sunday…. more of the same, our DJ’s will start up at 9am each morning, and continue all the way till last call at 1am.
As is always the case, we will have our 2011 Starboard VIP cards available for all those that post for opening weekend. Beginning Thursday night, all evening Friday and all day and night Saturday/Sunday, we will have the cards available to those of you who attend. One card per person, sorry. For those of you that cannot make it down for Opening Weekend, no worries. We will have a few opportunities in the cities to get VIP cards for 2011, and will offer them on our website and through Starboard TV as well a few weeks after the Opening.
St. Patty’s Day in Balitmore
Our Portside Tavern will have the street out front covered by a huge tent, bands starting at 1pm on Thursday, going all the way till 11pm that night. (inside open till 2am) Will be the usual craziness of Canton on St. Patrick’s Day this year so if you can’t make it to the beach till Friday, hope you get a chance to swing by Portside and enjoy the festivities!
Front Page – Arlington
Every Saturday night our sister restaurant in Arlington, Virginia offers live music from JEFE or JOE DAPHNE. Both guys pack in a crowd each and every Saturday night, you are sure to see plenty of friendly Dewey Beach faces at The Front Page, stop by and check it out one of these weeks!
Businesses Open in Dewey This Weekend
Though many are still closed for the winter, when The Starboard opens its doors, several area businesses in Dewey follow suit. Those that I know for sure are open next weekend to give you some variety while in town are:
- Scully’s – Corned Beef & Cabbage all day St. Patty’s, full menu the entire weekend.
- Woody’s Bar & Grill – Open all year, plenty of food & drink at all times.
- Hammerheads – been rocking it all winter, always open for a cold beer
- PORT (formerly the Dewey Beach Club/Scraps) – Grand Opening St. Patrick’s Day – serving a fantastic menu, wine, drinks, with acoustic music…if you’re down on that end of town, stop by and welcome PORT to Dewey Beach.
- The Lighthouse – Dewey’s iconic spot on the bay, open year round. Swing by for Nachos, Raw Bar, and beers all weekend!
- Sharky’s Grill – Sharky opened up two weeks ago, is fully staffed and ready for the Starboard peeps next weekend! Breakfast & Lunch is awaiting.
- Mama Maria’s – Opening back up for St. Patrick’s Day…piping hot pizza, ice cold beer!
- Mama Celeste! – Of course Mama’s will be open for you at Opening Party, serving great late night pizza for all to soak up a night at The Starboard!
- Wings To Go – Nothing better to get yourself back into Dewey than to fill your belly with late night wings!
We all look forward to seeing you each here for our huge Opening Weekend Bash, have a safe and happy St. Patrick’s Day, we will either see you here on Thursday, otherwise Friday night!